CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Figure Skating Camp and Mount Trashmore!

Today, was Emily's first day of a week-long ice skating camp. Rob dropped her off at 7:45am and I picked her up at 2:30! She had a day filled with hip/hop dancing, ice skating, nutrition classes, exercising, and all other things related to the wonderful world of figure skating. They actually have four Olympic ice skaters at the rink, to help out with the camp. I'm not sure of their names, but will post as soon as I remember.

While Emily was at camp, I took Ryan and his friend to the skate park, at Mount Trashmore. This is definitely one of their favorite parks to skate. While the boys were skating, I took a nice long walk around the park. They have long trails all around the lake. So, it was nice to get some exercise in while the boys were skating. Plus, I walked right when I got there, before it got too hot. As the day progressed, it was a scorcher. Kelli and Hunter met us there a little later. They were having so much fun, until Ryan and Hunter went down opposite ramps and didn't see each other and collided! They were both hurt pretty badly. Hunter's knee went into Ryan's side/ribs. The park attendant got ice for them and that was the end of our adventure at the skate park. Here are some pictures from our day. I don't have any of skate camp, because I wasn't there. But, I will have some by the end of the week, to share.

Ryan~~

Ryan~~

Ryan~~

Nick~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... the city I grew up in also had a Mount Trashmore. In the winter it was used for sledding and tobogans. I wonder if you're in my home town... hmmmmmmm

Corey, Jennifer and Nicole said...

are they okay????? that scares me! wow....that place is awesome huh...its huge!