CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

TEN THINGS TUESDAY!!! (on Wednesday)

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday

I'm a day late at doing my list, but 'better late than never.' This week, I am thankful for:


1. Katie Krize, a beautiful 14-year old, who passed away from cancer. I got to know her, through her CaringBridge web page. Her body could no longer fight and the Lord brought her home. I'm so thankful that we will all be reunited again, in heaven.

2. A fun PB&J Pool Party! Everyone had such a good time and the weather was terrific.

3. Daddy/Ryan time last night at the Tony Hawk Boom Boom Huck Fest. They had so much fun and enjoyed being with Kelli and Hunter.


4. Mommy/Emily time last night. While the boys were away playing, we went to see the movie 'Mama Mia!' It was so good. I had planned on taking her to dinner, too, but she was with Nana yesterday and they had a very late lunch/early dinner. We came home and cuddled on the couch. Oh how I love my sweet girl! I turned this picture into black and white because her poor eyes were so glassy and watery from all the heavily chlorinated water, at Water Country.


5. My friends, who are so amazing! I enjoy being with each of you. You make my life so much brighter. Steph, you are there for me DAILY, and I love how Myra brought us together -- you make me smile and laugh so much. Jenn, you are always there with such wonderful advice and a sweet comment or message - I so wish we lived closer. Kris, my friend from high school, who is so good about ALWAYS keeping in contact with me, even though she lives 3-hours away now. Kelli, you are my sister, but are so much more -- I love you! The list could go on and on -- I think my next weeks Ten Things Tuesday will be about all my friends, since I'm running out of room. hahaha!

6. Simple joys -- while we were going to our movie last night, my sweet Emily looked right up at me, and said, "Mommy, you look so pretty in that shirt!" The way she looked at me, made my heart melt. She is so beautiful -- on the inside and out. So tender-hearted and kind to everyone. She really roots for the underdog, goes out of her way to give sweet compliments -- I just love my sweet girl!

7. My quiet Ryan, who is slowly coming out of his shell. He used to always be so 'touchy/feely' with me. He would have his little arm up my shirt sleeve, just always touching me. He is kind of outgrowing that a little, but the other night it was back in full force. He came up to me, gave me the biggest hug and said, "I love you so much, Mommy. You're the best ever." Oh, how simply sweet. My heart smiled!

8. Water Country fun. We had a ton of family with us. It was a good time. Well, I ended up leaving early because Ryan wasn't feeling that well and wanted to go home. But, everyone else who stayed had fun for the remainder of the day.


9. For rediscovering the joy of exercising! I have been so bad about this over the past few years. Yes, few YEARS, and I've been feeling so much better now that I am exercising again!

10. For my husband, who always supports me. You are too good to us, and I appreciate you more than you will ever know!

5 comments:

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Sounds like y'all have had a fun week! Thanks for missing me last week!

It was funny reading about your friends. I have seven or eight really close girlfriends. One of them is Steph, three of them are Jenn, and there is a Kristi. The other names didn't match up, but for a minute...I was wondering if you were hiding from me at church! :)

Corey, Jennifer and Nicole said...

i adore you! love your list...i forgot mine this week too....i will catch up....
but alone time with em is so sweet! and boys night out is awesome too! love it! i am so proud of you for exercising! what are you doing????????????

mzzterry said...

What a fun week. And good family time, yeah. Enjoyed reading your list.

Anonymous said...

awhh, that was so sweet! i love you too!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely list. Oh and you are not late, it's Tuesday AM here in Nigeria.

How sad about Katie Krize, but thank God for eternal life!