CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

TEN THINGS TUESDAY!!!

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday

Well, it's that time of day again. A time where I reflect upon the things that I am thankful for. I cannot believe that I forgot about it last week. Things have been so busy, especially with the end of the summer wrapping up. This week, I am thankful for:

1. Kelli and her family buying a Jonas Brother's concert ticket for Emily, for her birthday present. They went tonight and are having such a blast. They've all been texting me so I know the play-by-play. I really wish that I would have bought a ticket before they sold out. This is her first concert and she is so excited! Here are Emily and Caitlynn before they left for the show.


2. Kelli, my sweet sister, for surprising me with a brand new CD of the New Kids on the Block's greatest hits. Wow!! It's been fun listening to those songs and going down memory lane. What a thoughtful gesture from my little sis! I love her!

3. That today is the 3rd day that Ryan has had his new albino leopard gecko, named "Leppy," and he was finally able to pick him up. He got this from Nana and Poppy for his birthday. The instructions said that we needed to wait for 3 days so that he could get used to his new habitat. Here is Ryan with "Leppy!"

Ryan, getting ready to pick "Leppy" up!

Ryan is so happy. He just woke up and his hair is a fright, but look at how happy he is. Also, that is not 'trash' in the background, that is his bottle collection!

A close-up of Ryan's hand, holding "Leppy!"


4. True friends! This one is a biggy for me. Sometimes true friends are hard to find -- and, I am happy that I have many of them who love and truly care for me. The feeling is definitely mutual!

5. Ryan! His birthday was last Thursday and he turned 8-years old! What an honor it is to be his Mommy! I miss his baby and toddler years, but am enjoying every milestone that he reaches. He has really started coming out of his shell recently and we are learning that he is quite the comedian. He still prefers to be home than anywhere else, but is spreading his wings some. He also is a leader. If he doesn't want to do what his friends are doing, he just won't do it. He can still be quite the loner, at times -- but, he is completely fine with that. I love him with all my heart! I am so thankful for the gift of Ryan, 8 years and 5 days ago!!!

6. Emily! I love her with all my heart! She is my sweet angel. Quick to give compliments and praises to people. We were in 7-11 last week and she said to the cashier, "I really like your hair. It's so pretty." This lady had the neatest braids and it was pulled up into a fancy bun. She looked at my precious girl and said, "Thank you so much. You are such a sweetheart." I am so happy that she has a kind heart and very nurturing in nature. I am so thankful for the gift of Emily, 10 years and 2 months ago. What an honor it is to be her Mommy, too.

7. Rob for being so supportive of my need to get out and 'find' myself again. For whatever reason, I seem to have 'lost' me and it's been difficult lately. I am finding time for myself lately and I feel that is making me a better person all around.

8. A wonderful hike with my babies!! We love to go hiking and explore nature. We all had so much fun!


9. The health of our entire family. I have mentioned this in other 'ten things tuesday' lists, but feel it's worth repeating. Good health is not to be taken for granted.

10. Giving up diet pepsi -- something that I used to absolutely LOVE. I feel so much better without drinking it. Also, Rob says we are saving a ton of money now that he's the only one drinking diet pepsi. hahaha!

4 comments:

mzzterry said...

Love your photos. Your kids are beautiful. HAppy Birthday to Ryan! And Yeah Emily for getting to go to the Jonas Brothers Concert!

My daughter is a NKOTB fan....I love their music too!

Congrats on the break up with diet pepsi, your body will thank you!

Have a super blessed week.

Anonymous said...

I love your ten things Tuesday~ And I am glad you are enjoying the CD! We will have fun tonight! Love you!
Kelli

Allyson said...

Oh, I need the NKOTB Hits CD!! :)

I tagged you in my blog today - if you play along be sure to link back to my blog!

Corey, Jennifer and Nicole said...

i always love your lists...and once i read yours i realize i forgot mine! lol! but your list is beautiful and uplifting and shows how much we have to be grateful for!!!!!!!