CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Bible School and Skate Camp!

Today was the start of "Outrigger Island: Living God's Unshakable Truth" Vacation Bible School, for Emily, her two friends (Maddy and Morgan), Brandon, and Joshy. The three girls were in the same class. Brandon was in his own class and so was Joshy. They go by "age" for the children, who haven't started elementary school. For the older children, they go by the grade that they just completed. Everyone had so much fun. I loved seeing how excited Brandon and Joshy were when they came out of their classes, because this was their first year at Bible School. They go from 8:45am - 12:30pm, so it's a nice break for me and a fun time for the children! Scott met me up there to pick Brandon and Joshy up, because he was off work today. I will have them for the remainder of the week, though. I dropped Emily off with Nana and she took the girls to see "Kung-Fu Panda." Emily and Sarah both really enjoyed it.

So, as you can imagine by my title, Ryan started skate camp today. This was the first session of the summer and we will probably sign him up for one more, maybe two. The camp is from 10:00am - 2:00pm. He had a great time and is working on some new tricks. He loves to skateboard. He's looking forward to tomorrow so that he can continue to perfect his new tricks. Rob picked him up and then he went over to his friend's house. Ryan didn't want to go to the movie, so that's why Nana and the girls went to an earlier movie, instead of waiting for him to get out of his camp. For some reason, he is really nervous about going to movies. He gets really panicked and doesn't like it. I have never heard of a child being afraid of the movie theaters, but he is. I guess this is just another phase that he's going through. With movies being so expensive now anyway, I guess it's better, on the budget, to only take one child. LOL! So, my sweet boy waits for them to come out on video to watch the movies.

Before I end, I should mention that my baby girl has a sty on her upper eye-lid and it's pretty painful. Luckily, Rob's Mom had just bought some over-the-counter medicine for them (she gets about 5 a year, she says). Before they went to the movie, Nana put some in her eye and made it feel much better. She sent her home with the medicine and we put some on her sty before she went to bed. I hope that it feels better tomorrow morning.

I still have tons of pictures on my camera, that I can't download, yet. We still haven't done anything about our low memory problem, on our computer. When we do fix the problem, I will update with tons of pictures.

Time for bed, for me!!

2 comments:

Caits; said...

Hey Amy.
That sounds like lots of fun! I look forward to your 10 things tuesday, I just did mine !

Corey, Jennifer and Nicole said...

Okay i love that they are in bible camp...great job there.

Nicole does not like movies at home! LOL...she will go to the theatre but wont watch them at home.....isnt that weird? she only watches shows!!! Kids are funny!!!

Nice break in the morning for you, thats great! today is tuesday isnt it? woohoo...time to make a list!