CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Saturday and Date Night!

Today ended up being a busy day. My friend called me this morning and told me that the two guys, who were going to help her move, did not show up. This left her with only her Dad and boyfriend to disassemble and move the heavy furniture. Emily had spent the night with them last night, because this was their last night in the house, before moving. So, my precious husband got up and went right over, BEFORE he had to work, to help them out. This is just one more of the reasons why I love this man!! You can always count on him to help out with anything that he can. He would literally give you the shirt off his back. I love him so much. He is definitely one of the most giving people I have ever known. Anyway, after I got Ryan up, we went over to help move the smaller items. After the moving truck was loaded, we went home.

Rob went to work in the afternoon and the children and I ran some errands. We hadn't done anything for Father's Day, yet. Yes, we waited for the LAST minute. Luckily, there were still some good cards left! LOL!! I always worry about the "good ones" being gone, by waiting until the day before.

After Rob got home from work, he ran Emily and Ryan over to his parent's house. They had invited our children and Sarah (our niece) to spend the night, so that they could make breakfast for Poppy, Rob, and Uncle Jon tomorrow. We weren't sure if Ryan would stay, since he still prefers to be home, but he wanted to spend the night. We really thought that we'd be picking him up after dinner. But, he has proven us wrong. He is definitely getting better about being away from home and Rob and I. Our baby is certainly spreading his little wings.

That brings me to "Date Night." We had a lovely dinner at Outback. It was so yummy. I loved being there with just Rob and spending some time alone together. It's nice to just be able to talk and not censor what you are saying because you have "little ears" around. I just love being with my sweet husband. After dinner, we did the ever-romantic grocery shopping!! LOL!! Rob usually does the grocery shopping, so he enjoyed my company tonight and I enjoyed going. It was actually fun. I'll tell you what, he definitely knows his way around the grocery store. He also impressed me with the way he packed the cart and the way he unloaded the groceries on the conveyor belt. I kind of stood back and tried to get into his groove of unloading, but kept putting the wrong foods together! LOL! Finally, after we paid and the cart was being loaded with the bags, it suddenly "clicked" as to why he put them in the order that he did. My gosh, if I would have done it, the kiwi, cherries, bread and other softer items, would have been squished by our Diet Pepsi and frozen food items! LOL!! What can I say? He is definitely the KING of shopping!!

Well, that was our day! Let me run and spend some more time with Rob. Goodnight!

1 comments:

Corey, Jennifer and Nicole said...

I love love love that date night included shopping!!! LOL...same here sister! How times have changed for us, yet noone would understand that being alone shopping with him is date enough!!! Love it!