CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Today was a day for celebrating "Dad's." Or, as the one in our house is called --"Daddy!" We went over to Nana and Poppy's this morning for a delicious breakfast, prepared by the children and Nana. We had lots of yummy food. They had made: scrambled eggs (prepared by Sarah), pancakes (prepared by Ryan, that he put in the toaster and buttered himself), biscuits (prepared by Emily), hashbrowns, bacon, sausage links (all prepared by Nana, with help from the kids), and a variety of drinks. Here are a few of the pictures, before we sat down to eat.

Ryan, on pancake duty ~

Emily, getting ready to check her biscuits ~

Ryan taking Poppy's drink order (check out his little notebook) ~

Emily, taking Daddy's drink order (she has her little notebook, too) ~

Sarah, Poppy, Aunt Vickie (Rob's sister), Emily, Rob, Ryan (they are all looking at Nana's camera) ~


After the children took the drink orders, we all went up to the dining room, where we were greeted by a festively decorated table, with name placards, and a sign that Emily had made. There are only six place settings, because Emily, Ryan, and Sarah decided to sit at the coffee table, behind us.



It was really sweet to have the children serve us and they LOVED it! They were so proud of themselves, you could see it on their faces. Everything was so delicious and we really enjoyed it. We all made sure to compliment EVERY bit of food. The breakfast conversation went something like this, "Sarah, these eggs are so good; Ryan, you did such a good job on the pancakes, they are so delicious; Emily, these biscuits taste great ....."





After we got home, Rob layed down for a little while. He was so exhausted, you can see it in his eyes. He is just so tired. He's been working so hard lately and isn't getting a lot of rest. Before he fell asleep, I gave him my card and gift. I wasn't really that original this year, as I only gave him some cash. I know that it seems very impersonal, but he does so little for himself and spends most of all of our money on the children and I. Luckily, I had watched my nephews three times this past week and had my "play" money. The only thing he asked for was a pair of chums, for his sunglasses (which only cost $5.99). The pair that he has are old and worn-out, and have begun to leave a black mark behind his ears. For those who know Rob, you know that he takes his personal hygiene very seriously and didn't want anyone to think that the black mark, behind his ears, was actually dirt!! he/he/he!! So, Emily and Ryan gave him his "Chums" and he was very happy with that. We also made him a chocolate pudding pie, on a graham cracker crust -- one of his favorites! Here are some pictures. You can see it in my sweet husband's eyes, how tired he is. He's going to be in bed EARLY tonight.





This evening, we had my Dad over for a little cook-out. My sister and brother took him to breakfast this morning and I wasn't able to make it, since we were having our wonderfully delicious breakfast at Nana and Poppy's. It was nice spending some time with him. Rob actually cooked -- I am lucky, I tell you -- all my friends know it and I am so blessed to have my sweet husband. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I have NEVER cooked on the grill. Rob does ALL of the grilled foods. So, he cooked some delicious hamburgers and hot dogs. In fact, his burgers are the talk of my side of the family. They all love to eat a "Rob burger," as they so affectionately call it. He must take after his Dad, because our niece (Sarah) will rarely eat any other burger, except for Poppy's! LOL! Here's a picture of me, and my children, with my sweet Dad!
\

As the day comes to an end, I am, again, so thankful for this incredibly blessed life that I have been given. Rob is such an amazing Daddy to Emily and Ryan. He is actively involved in every aspect of their lives. He works so hard to provide for us. He is fiercely protective and would do anything in the world for any one of us. Emily and Ryan ADORE their Daddy and I love watching their faces "light-up" when Rob gets home. They eagerly wait for him to come home, from work, so that they can share their day with him. He listens to everything they have to say and gives them his full attention.

Since today is Father's Day, I would like to end my blog tonight with some memories and "thank-you's." When I was a little girl, I would always love to watch my Dad get ready for work. He was a Police Officer and I loved watching him put all of his "things" onto his belt. For some reason, I always loved the noise that the belt keepers would make, when he was snapping them on. I was always so proud to have him for my Dad. When I was in school, he would come to my class each year and talk about his job. All of my friends loved him, too. My parents were (and are) so young and all my friends would talk about how handsome my Dad was and how beautiful my Mom was. I loved it. I have so many memories of my childhood that I will eventually share, but today, I am just focusing on a few things. I am so thankful that I had a very involved and loving Dad. He was my first love and I am so lucky that I have found a man, who loves us, provides for us, and is just a wonderful Dad to our children, as my Dad was (and is) to me, my sister, and brother. Thanks, Dad!! I also want to thank Rob's Dad, for molding him into the man that he is today. You and Fe did a remarkable job raising your son; he's amazing!!

Now, onto my Rob, who I like to call, "Sweets!" Thank you so much for all that you do. You are the best Daddy in the world, to our babies. My heart melts when I see you all together. You are such a perfect example, to Emily and Ryan, as to what a husband and Daddy should be. They say that you fall in love with someone who is like your own father and I will pray that Emily ends up with someone like you. Thank you, thank you, and thank you for making all of my dreams come true. Happy Father's Day, Sweets!! You are and always will be the love of my life! Thank you for being you!

5 comments:

Caits; said...

awh amy!
Your blogs are so cute.
You have a very cute family, and don't forget you're an amazing mom,too !

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was so nice, Lorraine! I love it! Looks like you all had a great day! I love that Emily, Ryan, and Sarah made breakfast for everyone! And i am glad you had Dad over last night!
Love you,
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was so nice, Lorraine! I love it! Looks like you all had a great day! I love that Emily, Ryan, and Sarah made breakfast for everyone! And i am glad you had Dad over last night!
Love you,
Kelli

Corey, Jennifer and Nicole said...

Wow what a great day!!!!! The kids are so sweet that is so cool that they did the breakfast order! I love it!!!!! You have such a wonderful family!!! God bless

Anonymous said...

Amy
You could be a professional writer any time you decided to. Great article in regards to fathers day. The famous "ROB Burgers" were, as alway, FANTASTIC.

Love you all
Dad