CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Our Hero ~ Chris!

I want to write about something that is near and dear to my heart --- organ donation! If you aren't on the list, please consider doing so immediately!!! Here is the link: http://www.donatelife.net/ There are so many people on the transplant list that never get the life saving organ that they desperately need! Please consider letting your family know of your decision to be an organ-donor. I have been following the story of Tricia, who has cystic fibrosis, for a long time now. Her husband, Nate, has kept a blog about their story. Their link is on my page, if you'd like to visit. They are such an inspiration.


Now, onto the reason I wanted to share this post ---- Chris, my brother-in-law, is a LIVING organ donor!! That's right -- a living donor!! He gave a kidney, in honor of my diabetic uncle, 2-years ago. He wanted to donate it to my uncle, but was not a match. However, he still donated to an anonymous person, who had a kidney disease. This actually benefited my uncle, as well, for he was moved to the top of the transplant list (he had been on dialysis for 4-years and never got the call for an organ). My uncle got "his call" exactly 1-week, after Chris donated his kidney. What a selfless act on Chris's part. He is our hero!!!


Now, if that was not enough, he just donated again, for the 2nd time!!! He found out that he was able to donate part of his liver and wanted to help someone out, who was sick. He is in MCV right now, recovering from an 11 1/2-hour operation to remove part of his liver to give to a woman, who desperately needed it to live! What an angel on earth, my brother-in-law is!!! He had the surgery yesterday at 6am and it lasted until 5:30pm! I haven't talked to him, yet, because he is still heavily sedated. Please pray for him and for the woman, who received part of his liver! He is such an inspiration to other's and is our hero!!!



Our hero, 2-time organ donor ~ Chris!!!!

2 comments:

Corey, Jennifer and Nicole said...

what an amazing story...wow...there needs to be more people like him on earth. he is an angel.

CFHusband said...

Thank you!