CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The weekend and Mother's Day!

I know that I'm a couple days behind on posting this entry. This weekend was really busy, so I really do need to catch up.

On Friday night, I took Emily, my niece, and their friends to ice skate. They are getting ready to redo the ice, so this was their last opportunity to go for a couple of weeks. They had a blast and we stayed (almost) until midnight. We all came back to the house for a sleepover. Rob and Ryan were already sound asleep. They had an evening filled with X-box and movies. The girls stayed up until 2:00am (YES, 2:00am!!). They just had to come home to play with their American Girl Dolls. Then, they did hair and I had to draw the line, at make-up! LOL!! The girls got up around 7:30am, and were busy playing. The energy they have is amazing to me. My gosh, to be 9-years old again -- LOL! After the girls were picked up on Saturday morning, we had to run some errands. Ryan went skateboarding, while Emily and I went to her friend's birthday party. It was a fun and busy day.

Now, onto Mother's Day --- what a special day!!! We got up and Ryan and Rob gave me their cards (Emily was saving her's for our breakfast, with my family). Rob got me a Target gift card. Ryan made me a sweet card and answered all these questions about me, at school ~~~ so sweet! He also decorated a picture frame and his teacher put a picture of him in it! I loved it. At church, Emily and Caitlynn were a part of the May Procession, to crown Mary. I loved it and it was so special watching them place their rose around Mary. It reminded me of my days, at Catholic school. We would have a HUGE celebration for Mary. We also sang the same songs, at church, as we did when we were in school. After church, we all (me, Rob, Emily, Ryan, Kelli, Caitlynn, Hunter, Scott, and my Mom) went to breakfast. Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures from breakfast. Emily gave me her card and present as soon as we sat down. My precious angel gave me this beautiful bracelet, that she bought herself, at the Hallmark store. It has gold, silver, and crystal beads, with the clasp that says, "Mom and Love Forever," that is heart-shaped. While we were at the Hallmark store on Saturday, she bought it while I was paying for her friend's birthday gift. How absolutely precious and so thoughtful! She told me that she was right beside me and she had asked the cashier to please ring it up quickly, because I was standing right there and she didn't want me to see it. Awww, she is the sweetest!!! When we got out to the van, she told me that she had bought some clothes for her Webkinz and didn't want to show me. :-) She also got me a candle, a little porcelain box (with a picture frame on top, for me to keep trinkets in), and she painted me this heart with a poem on it (she did this at school and it is so pretty). I am just so blessed to have these precious children -- Emily and Ryan! I love them so much. They are my world!!!

After visiting with my family at breakfast, we ran to Rob's parents to see his Mom. Unfortunately, they weren't home. But, they came by our house to visit later. I didn't get to see them, though, because I was taking a coveted nap! My dear, loving husband told me to lay down and enjoy some time to myself. I was watching some TV and reading a book -- and fell asleep! Rob was holding down the fort and helping Emily work on her Social Studies project. Have I mentioned what an amazing Daddy he is??? If not, I will now --- he is the best and most amazing Daddy ever!! Speaking of the project, I will post some pictures of it later today.

Here are some "thank-you's": I am so thankful that I have my Mom and that she was the perfect example and role model of how a Mom should be. She always did her best to encourage us to be the best that we could be. She was always there for us and loved us unconditionally. All of our friends always hung out at our house -- everyone LOVED my Mom!! She helped to form me into the woman and mother that I am today. I love her so much!!! I also want to thank Rob's Mom for doing such a great job raising her son, my sweet husband. Thank you Rob, for making me a Mommy!! Lastly, I just want to thank you for a beautiful Mother's Day -- it was great! I love you all!


Caitlynn and Emily, at the May procession, for Mary. I gave Kelli my camera, and she took these. The camera had too much of a delay to capture Emily, so I cropped the image below this picture to get a closer look at her.


Emily ~ this is the one I had to crop. Not the best clarity, but at least I have the memory captured! LOL!


Me, with my precious children!! I love them so much!


Emily and Ryan in my in-law's back yard.

2 comments:

Caits; said...

Awh.
I would say your Mom did a pretty good job in raising you! :).
You are an amazing person
Check out my blog sometime!

Our Family! said...

What a nice thing to say, Cait!