CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

We had such a wonderful day, with the exception of us hearing the news that Myra, had lost her battle with cancer. I dedicated the entry below this one, to our special friend.


We started our day by having a picnic, at the park, with my Mom. Emily, Ryan, myself, Kelli, Caitlynn, Hunter, Scott, Brandon, and Joshy were all there. Rob was working and wasn't able to be with us for the entire afternoon; however, he did visit us. It was so nice that he was patrolling the beach/park that was right beside our picnic area.

Emily, Nana, and Ryan. This was taken before everyone else got there. It was so sunny and bright that I had no idea that Ryan's eyes were closed!

Me, with my patriotic babies!

Hunter and Ryan!

Me and Kelli!

Me, Scott, and Kelli!

The kids eating lunch!


After we ate, Kelli took all the children to the beach. Emily called me about 10-minutes later and asked if they could get in the water, with their clothes on (because obviously we hadn't brought our bathing suits). I told her that they could and I knew that she would be totally soaked!! Which, she was! LOL!! Mom, Scott, and I walked down there a little bit later and saw them in line for snow cones. They had run into Rob and he bought them their frozen treats. Here is the picture of them waiting, so patiently, in line for snow cones!

The kids eating their treats. You can see Scott, Mom, and Rob, in the background.

Everyone walking back to our picnic area.


On the way back, right after I took the above picture, a bee flew in between poor Emily's foot and flip flop and she got stung. Nana pulled the stinger out and got stung on her thumb and finger, too, with the SAME stinger. So, we called Rob and he drove over and gave us some swabs for the sting. Thank goodness for Rob!!

After our picnic, the children and I went over to Nana and Poppy's house to visit. They had quite a house full of people! Bob's (Poppy) brothers and their families came for the weekend to visit. Uncle Jimmy, Aunt Donna, Cousin Jamie, and her boyfriend, Alban, arrived late Thursday evening, from New Jersey. Uncle Dennis and Cousin Chris flew in this afternoon, from Georgia. It was definitely a wonderful reunion. As soon as we got there, Emily and Ryan said, "Hello," to everyone and jumped in the pool. It was a lot of fun to catch up with all the Farrell's. I had never even met Chris or Alban, so it was such a pleasure to get to know them. Here are some pictures from our fun afternoon with them.

Jamie, Sarah, and Emily!

Uncle Dennis, Sarah, Aunt Donna, and Jamie!

Ryan and Chris!

Ryan's Cannon Ball!

Playing "Monkey In the Middle!"

More "Monkey In the Middle!"

Uncle Dennis and Uncle Jimmy!

Emily and Uncle Jimmy!

Uncle Jimmy, Ryan, and Emily!


After our wonderful afternoon/evening, at Nana and Poppy's house, we left to meet Kelli and them, at the beach for fireworks. I think that I've run out of room, because it won't "spell check" anymore or allow me to load anymore pictures. So, I will have to continue my fireworks post tomorrow!! Happy 4th of July!!

1 comments:

Corey, Jennifer and Nicole said...

awww poor emily. that is awful. i hate bees. Nicole is terrified of them.
But the day looked so fun besides that...you guys have a nice big family...that is awesome that you can all be together!!!!!!