CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Myra's Memorial Celebration!

Tonight (Saturday, July 12, 2008), was Myra's Memorial Celebration! Scott and I rode together and met Kelli there. She went really early to help them get ready. Her roommates, Michelle and Stephanie, had the memorial at their house. It was really nice meeting everyone, who loved and cared for Myra. We had a bonfire and toasted our sweet friend! Another friend, Heather, made a beautiful photo DVD, with music that brought tears to my eyes! It was so special that she shared these DVDs with everyone. She worked so hard on this wonderful tribute to Myra and I am so thankful to have been given a copy. Rest in Peace, Myra, you are finally home! I will never forget you!

I tell you what, I have really been thinking about how SHORT, life really is, lately. In the blink of an eye, it could all be over. I think this is such a great reminder that NONE of us, are promised tomorrow. We need to live our lives, each day, as if they are our last. Make sure that you hug your children. Make sure that you kiss your spouse good-bye, as they head out the door, to go to work. Make sure that you live your day, with kindness and love ~~ have fun and enjoy family time together. I know that looking back, over Myra's life, one of the things I admired most about her is the fact that she LIVED!!! She lived her life to the fullest. She didn't sweat the small stuff. I really, really, really, admire her for how well she handled all the obstacles that were set before her. What a fine example of how to live your life. I think from this day on out -- I will always have "GREAT" days! I will choose to make sure that each new day, that the Lord gives me, will not be wasted!!!

3 comments:

Corey, Jennifer and Nicole said...

I am so glad that this was a "celebration" of her life. She seemed like a beautiful person. Maybe one person can learn from her and enjoy life to its fullist and her journey is complete.....god bless.

Anonymous said...

Amy, What a nice section on here for Myra! i miss her so much! And you are so right about life..we all need to live like today is our last day on earth! Its really hard to feel happy right now since she is gone..I am sure it will get easier in time!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy...I didn't know Myra...but I can tell she was loved by so many! My heart is saddened by your loss, and I feel so sad for Kelli. When I lost my best friend 10 years ago (she was murdered), I never thought I would make it. My emotions were on a roller coaster ride. I felt like I was in a dream and wanted to be woken up from the nightmare. But here I am 10 years later and I have made it through. Doesn't mean I miss or love her any less. In fact, I would do anything to have her back! But I realized that God obviously had a different objective. I may never know the "why" in my lifetime, or even begin to understand. But I know that every memory I have is better than not having any memories at all. Yes, I still get sad, but I know one day...I will see her again. I anticipate her being in heaven with her arms open wide (see...the love...it doesn't fade, I am crying right now). But I know God doesn't give us anything we can't bear. As you said, live every day as though it were your last. Live as God would want you to live. Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power...Thank you God for friends...thank you for family...thank you for memories that last a lifetime! Rest in peace Myra and GL...you are missed!