CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

TEN THINGS TUESDAY!!!

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday

It's that time of the week again! The time where I give thanks for the blessings in my life. If you'd like to join in on all the joys of "Ten Things Tuesday," please click on the cloud picture above. It will take you to the right spot!! This week, I am thankful for LIFE!!!!! With the passing of a dear friend, on July 4th, and her Memorial Celebration on July 12th, it just makes me thankful for being alive!!!

This week, I am thankful for:

1. The wonderful Memorial Celebration of Myra's life. Her services were private, as she wanted to have her ashes scattered on her Mother's grave, up in New England. Her roommates held a beautiful bonfire memorial celebration, at their house. Myra loved bonfires and we shared stories of our sweet friend. There were no doubts that she was with us, as we celebrated her life!


2. Myra Alexandra May! She came into my sister's life many years ago and they shared a very special bond! Therefore, I had the wonderful opportunity to call her my friend. When she was diagnosed with cancer and given a pretty grim prognosis, she continued to live her life -- to the fullest!!! She enjoyed each day and has made me more aware of just how short and precious life is! Because of my sweet friend, I now wake up each day, with a new-found appreciation for life. I have vowed to ALWAYS have GREAT days ~~ don't sweat the small stuff!! Thank you, sweet friend! I will never forget you! Here's a picture of Myra and my sister, Kelli!


3. For the health of my entire family! Thank you, Lord, for blessing them all with good health! And, by my entire family, I mean, JUST THAT -- Rob and I, our children, my parents, Rob's parents, my brother and sister, their children, Rob's sister and her family!! The list could go on and on, we are all blessed with good health!

4. For another day that I am alive and am able to enjoy all the things that God created! Thank you!

5. For the smiles on my children's faces, each and every morning, when they wake up! I actually NEVER get tired of looking at them and all of their expressions! Thank you, Lord, for that blessing!

6. For my marriage and the happiness that it brings! Thank you, Lord, for bringing Rob into my life so many years ago ~~ almost 12-years of marriage, to be exact!

7. For friends -- near and far -- they are always there no matter what!

8. For a promise of eternal life in heaven. We will see you again, Myra, and all of our loved one's who have gone before us!

9. For the ability to love and be loved!! The human spirit is an amazing thing!

10. For life!!!!! I know that I mentioned this already, but am just so thankful that all of my loved ones are still with me today. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

6 comments:

Corey, Jennifer and Nicole said...

so beautiful...and so wonderful that Myras life is living on through everyone who knew her....that is it be grateful TODAY for everything you have....love you girl

Anonymous said...

Awh, I love it! And I love the picture of me and Myra so much, and she loved that one, too! We had our matching coats on that night and we had gone to a 40th birthday party for one of our friends.... We really had a great time that night, so I am glad you posted that picture on here!

Love you!
Kelli

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

What a beautiful list...

My deepest sympathies for the loss of your friend. I think it's wonderful that you celebrated her life!

Sarah in Disturbia said...

what a wonderful, life affirming list. I can feel the love you have for your family and your friend.

mzzterry said...

You reaffirm my faith! Thanks for your transparency. It is touching.

Anonymous said...

Amy
I used to always kid Myra about "converting over". I think she got just as big of a laugh as I did. I wont forget the day I delivered my car to her. She was so happy. Anyway, like others before her, her memory and presence will always be here if we keep her there.
Love,
Dad