CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

TEN THINGS TUESDAY!!!

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday


It's that time again! A time when I reflect upon the blessings in my life! I love this part of the week. It really helps to write down all that I am thankful for. This week, I am thankful for:


1. The Farrell Family Fourth of July Reunion Weekend. It was so much fun and such a blessing to be able to listen to my father-in-law and his brothers reminisce about their childhood. I heard the best stories of their father (Rob's grandfather) that I had never heard before. What a remarkable history lesson, from Rob's side of the family. Since his brothers both live in different states, from each other and from all of us, it was even more special that they were here together. We met a cousin (Chris, Uncle Dennis's son) who I had never met before and it was wonderful. It was a very special weekend, filled with memories that we will never forget!

2. For my Mom taking Emily, Caitlynn, and I to see the Kit Kittredge: An American Girl Mystery movie, on Sunday. It was nice to share our love for American Girls with my Mom. The girls enjoyed it and loved spending time with Nana. Then, she treated us to lunch after the movie. What a fun day!


3. For summer days and children playing!

4. We are so blessed to be able to enjoy a beautiful pool, at my in-law's house, whenever we feel like swimming! We all enjoy it so much. With the rising cost of gas, it's a lot easier on the budget to go to Nana and Poppy's house, instead of driving to Water Country. Nana got into the pool today and enjoyed some time with all the children! They all loved it!


5. For the love between a Daddy and daughter! Oh, how it warms my heart to catch Emily and Rob together!


6. For Joshy's sweet face, while he put goggles on all by himself!


7. For Ryan and Hunter, finally staying on their make-shift floats! They worked on them for so long -- fall, after fall, after fall! They never gave up --- and, voila! Here's the finished results!


8. For a fun day of bowling, which was a nice break from the heat! It was so much fun!

9. For the rain that we've been having the past couple of days. We have really needed it. My flower gardens are so thankful!

10. For my precious family -- Rob, Emily, and Ryan -- only the Lord truly knows how much I wanted EACH of you! Rob, thank you for being the best husband in the world. The unselfish and loving ways that you care for us is far more than I could have ever hoped for. Thank you for all that you do! My beautiful Emily and Ryan, my sweet miracles -- thank you for bringing such joy to my life! I thank the Lord for you all every single day!!

8 comments:

Vicki Banta said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! We have a Nana, too! And the same green floaties. You seem to be a very positive person.

Emily Ann said...

I love your list! I'm also glad to see that other little girls are enjoying American Girl dolls as much as my sister and I did. That is one thing I can't wait to share with my daughters.

Corey, Jennifer and Nicole said...

i love it...what a beautiful list as always...

Anonymous said...

I love your ten things Tuesday! You write so well!

Love you!
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Amy, you always have such a great list! My girls were/are into American Girls. We even visited the AG store in Chicago a couple of times. We haven't see the movie yet, but I hear that it's a good one. Have a great week!

mzzterry said...

Lovely list! Great family & wonderful times you have shared this past week! Life is sooo good =) Enjoy a blessed week this week.

Tracy said...

Your list was great! I, too, loved American Girl dolls. I still get their catologs sometimes :-). But, with boys, I may have to love the dolls from afar...

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

I love how you always express such beautiful thanksgiving for your sweet kids and husband!

It sounds like y'all are having a busy and fun summer! Great TV-free alternatives!!! I love it!