CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

TEN THINGS TUESDAY!!!

XBOX Wife Ten Things Tuesday

It's that time again -- the time when I reflect upon all my blessings for the week. This week I am thankful for:

1. Independence Day! For all the military who protect our country, so that we can enjoy our freedom! They are the true heroes. I am so thankful to all the men and women who serve our country!

2. Caitlynn and Hunter being home -- yay!! We missed them so much and it's so wonderful to see them again (2-weeks without our Goosey and Handsy is way too long!). They actually moved right down the street from us. We love it!


3. For all the "older" cousins, who so willingly put on "water wings" so that Brandon would wear his. We had a little scare in the pool with him last Wednesday and we wanted to make sure that he would never slip under the water again (he was fine and Emily got him immediately, but it was a very scary moment). He was very determined NOT to wear them, so the sweet older kids put them on (this was Nana's brilliant idea and it worked like a charm). Just to "explain" the picture below -- Sarah didn't want to swim today, she helped blow up the water wings on the kids. Also, there weren't enough water wings to go around, so Ryan and Hunter only wore one on each arm! LOL! Brandon didn't even notice and wore his for the rest of the day! What a HUGE blessing!!


4. A wonderful beach day yesterday. We had so much fun. I love watching all the children interact with one another. They are all so precious. We brought a friend with us and they all had a blast!


5. My husband, who is the best husband in the world!!! I love him so much. He completes me, supports me, takes care of me, and loves me unconditionally --- even with all my flaws!!! I am so thankful for him!!!

6. My beautiful children! My gosh, the love I feel for them every single minute is indescribable. I often find myself just staring at them and am amazed that I was blessed with such precious gifts!!! Just to explain Ryan's picture -- he really doesn't like getting his picture taken lately. So, I had to bribe him for this close-up, with $1.00 (I still haven't paid -- he's forgotten about it, UNTIL I don't have money, I'm sure), at the pool today. He is a little irritated that I am this close, with the camera, and that's the reason he is looking like this! LOL!



7. My sweet nephews, Brandon and Joshy!! I love how close they are. They always think of each other at snack time and any other time, for that matter. Brandon will say, "What about Joshy?" Or, Joshy will say, "Brandon wants one!" They are the sweetest!


8. Caitlynn and Emily, who are more like sisters, than cousins. I used to feel a little bit sad that Emily didn't have a sister, like I had growing up. Then, we realized that Caitlynn is HER sister. They certainly fight like they are. Then, they are the best of friends and want to be together, when they apart. It's a really special bond. They remind me so much of my sister and I, when we were little. I love watching them.


9. For the Lord for blessing me with the life I have. Whenever I feel a little stressed, it is always reassuring to know that He has the perfect plan for me and is always there.

10. The excitement, in Emily and Ryan's faces, when they look at their garden they planted, at Nana and Poppy's house. They planted it, with Nana, about a month ago, and everything is getting so big.

6 comments:

Corey, Jennifer and Nicole said...

Amy what a beautiful list...i think this one was your most in depth and i loved it! I love hearing about all the kids! You are a wonderful mom, aunt, and friend!

mzzterry said...

The water wing thing is sheer genius! What a great list!!

Anonymous said...

A wonderful list, Amy! Cousins are such a blessing, and how caring and sensitive of them to help out with the water wings! And such a great idea!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

This is a great list. I love the floaties idea and also planting the garden. What a great idea for some summer fun!

Anonymous said...

I love all of the pictures! They are great! You write so beautifully, Amy!

Love you!
Kelli

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a wonderful post! Just kept reading and reading...didnt even realise I was at the end (kept wondering 'where's the rest?'). The pictures are lovely too...family - I dont have a sister, but my cousin was my sister so I can understand the bond btw Emily and Caitlynnn (did I get it).

Anyway, thanks so much for the visit to my site.